Sunday, February 8, 2009

Touchdown Divas!



There was a powderpuff flag football tournament at the club the day before the Superbowl. I had said I would not play and then somehow caved into the peer pressure. It was a lot of fun. I might even be willing to play again next year. Of course, it helped that we won. It was a little rough. I think partly because we didn't know the rules and partly because people just wanted to tackle....it's easier to do that, than grab those flags. Our team was the Touchdown Divas. I was on the team with some of my friends. And other friends were on the Seville Sweethearts team. They were the nice ones who painted my car. It was all in fun. (They actually came over Sunday, took my car, washed and returned it before the big game.) There were four teams and we ended up having to play the Sweethearts the first game. I escaped that game with no injuries. Our championship game I did something to my leg...I was not nearly as banged up as other people on our team though. Now there is talk about a co-ed basketball tournament for March Madness...that I am not going to get talked into!

No comments: