Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lucky Guy

Well I'm back. No it's not Angie, it's her "Better Half"..er I mean "Other Half". I thought I'd give this blog thing a try. Not sure about you, dear readers, but I truly enjoy reading this blog whenever Angie posts. It makes a lousy day at work so much better when I can read about things like "Mrs. Elaneous". So, while this may not be quite as entertaining as Angie's posts, just suck it up because you're stuck with me for now.

So Angie and the kids left last Friday for their eight day Ohio tour...God bless her! She's a saint. From talking to her, it sounds like they're having a great trip. Then it was on to Virginia for David and Natalie's wedding, which was today. Congratulations & best wishes David & Natalie! And also congratulations to David & Joan! I really wish I was there. Not to take anything away from the bride & groom, but I'm pretty bummed that I didn't get to see my big boy walk down the aisle as the ring bearer. I got a text from Angie a little while ago saying that he did it. I thought he would, but just for insurance we threw a little bribe at him....the Fisher-Price Bat Cave....who wouldn't walk down the aisle in a tux for that?

Ok, back to me. I get to live the bachelor life back here in Arizona. How great is that?!? Well, let me tell you it was great!....for about a day (ok, maybe two). I think I'm more than ready for Angie and the kids to come home. It's not the fact that I'm out of underwear and I've never used our new washer and dryer (I know, pathetic). It's not the fact that I had to dig my stinky softball shirt out of the dirty clothes and wear it again for my game last night (again, I know, pathetic). It's not even the fact that I got a large Papa John's pizza on Tuesday and ate it for dinner three nights in a row. I sure hate pizza right about now. Anyway, I'm trying to put my finger on it...maybe it's Andrew running to the door yelling "Daddy!" as soon as I walk in from work, or Maggie providing every detail about her day at the dinner table, or Christine's newfound teenage attitude. Or, maybe it's that I get to come home to my best friend every night. Or just look at the picture - what else can I say. Whatever it is, I'M ONE LUCKY GUY & I can't wait to get them at the airport tomorrow.


Ok dear reader, you'll be relieved to know that my blogging career is now over. I type much too slow for this. I need to go find dinner - it won't be pizza. Good day.

No comments: