Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Maggie's Favorite Weather



No....there has been no snow in our part of Arizona. Maggie was "star student" last week for her class. We had to fill out this poster of all her favorite things. And, of course, Maggie, my child who never wanted to stay out in the snow for more than 15 minutes, picked "snowy" as her favorite weather. How quickly she forgets that being cold is absolutely no fun. So I had to dig through all the files on my computer and find some snow pictures. These were from our last few weeks in Canton. Four snow days in two weeks...and since I wasn't going to get much done with everyone home from school...we had fun playing in the snow with the neighbors! I miss the neighbors, but not the snow.
So, Wednesday night last week I ran to Walgreens to pick up a snow picture for Maggie and somehow, someway, when I got out of my car I left the interior lights on. I'm not sure where my mind was. @#$%&#!!!
I thought it was a little odd that my key chain would not open up my doors when Andrew and I went to leave Thursday. I knew it was really bad when I manually unlocked my door and the rest of the doors wouldn't unlock. @#$%&#@!!! Hopefully, Andrew will never repeat what he heard. So, no big deal, Andrew and I were just heading up to the club...so, I had him put his helmet on. He rode his bike and I ran next to him. Of course, Hillary had planned on bumming a ride home from me...sorry Charlie...I told her Andrew would ride her home on his bike.
We had plans to meet Pamela and the boys at the park in the afternoon, so I called her to pick us up. She brought over some jumper cables, but we could not get my van out of the garage. I learned later from the tow truck driver the trick to getting the van into neutral.
Anyway...Andrew and I went to the park for awhile. When we got home I called AAA and they told me someone would be over in an hour and 15 minutes....plenty of time for me to take a shower, right? Of course, the first time in my life that I haven't had to wait hours for AAA. As soon as I turned off the shower I could hear the truck outside...so with my hair slightly dripping I explained the problem to the guy. He got it started easily, but told me I needed to take it to get a battery right then-which I had been told might be the case, but did not believe. I asked him if I could turn off the van and then take it in an hour for a new battery. Nope. Unless I wanted to call him again for another jump. Wonderful....So, I left the van running in the driveway and tried to dry my hair a little before going to Sams for a new battery. Life would be so boring without all these little hiccups.
This weekend Christine started her basketball season. They played well, but still lost. Christine had fun. The more games I watch, I can almost understand parents yelling at referees. I contain myself though...after all, it is 6th grade basketball. I'll wait until junior high basketball to help out the refs. I did get to play with my new camera.
Of course...big football weekend. Go Cardinals!!!

No comments: