Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I don't know if I'll get a chance to post anything before Thursday, so I thought I would post while I have a minute. I went to the grocery store today to get a turkey and all the fixings....of course, I forgot to get gravy mix. Now I will have to go back to the craziness tonight or tomorrow. You would think we would have one measly gravy packet in our pantry, but no such luck!
Tomorrow morning Andrew's preschool is going on a field trip. We are driving up to the Tempe Arts Center to see "The Velveteen Rabbit". It's supposed to be a cute show. I just hope Andrew is entertained. We don't have the book and I vaguely remember it from childhood.
In the afternoon the elementary school is having their annual "Turkey Bowl". The sixth graders play football against the teachers and staff. It should be fun to watch Christine and her friends play football. They are excited about it. Andrew and I should be back in time to head over to the school to see the game.
Thursday morning the club that we belong to in our neighborhood is having a Turkey Trot. No awards, no t-shirts, no cost. Just a way to get some calorie-burning in before the big feast. Christine and Maggie are going to run the 5K. I'm going to run the 10K. Steve and Andrew are going to ride bikes and cheer for us. Last year Steve pushed Andrew in the running stroller. I got rid of the running stroller because Andrew was getting too heavy to push, so that is not an option this year.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Gobble, gobble!

No comments: